A great number of people across the globe are struggling with hair problems like hair loss, dandruff, gray hair. If you are one of them then you should know about the Castor Oil benefits for hair. Castor Oil is a natural remedy for various ailments of hair and has been used for thousands of years.
What is Castor Oil?
Castor Oil is a pale yellow liquid which is thicker and viscous in comparison to coconut, almond oil. Castor Oil is extracted from castor seed by a mechanical process which is known as expeller pressing. This oil is a rich source of vitamin E, ricinoleic, omega-6 fatty acids which are important ingredients of hair health. Castor oil is a very old formula that can treat a number of ailments.
Have you ever tried castor Oil for your Hair?
Believe me! It is a very good remedy that treats your hair problems in a few weeks. You can grow your hair faster using castor oil. This article is all about castor oil benefits for hair and the best method of using it.
Why is Caster Oil So Beneficial for Hair?
Castor oil is one of the best hair oil that keeps the scalp as well as hair healthy. The ricinoleic acid present in castor oil improves the blood circulation of the scalp and promotes hair growth. Castor Oil has the ability to stimulate hair growth from the hair follicles.
A great number of people across the world are facing problems of hair fall. Castor oil contains omega-6 fatty acids. Massaging with castor oil repairs the hair follicles makes hair roots stronger and prevent hair loss. Castor oil is rich in Vitamin E which play an important role in hair health.
Castor Oil is a very effective remedy because of its healing properties. Its antibacterial and antifungal properties prevent the scalp from infections. The antioxidant nature of castor oil helps the keratin in hair and makes hair stronger, smoother and shiny. Castor Oil is beneficial against dandruff and scalp infections, and folliculitis.
Castor Oil is a natural moisturizer that keeps hair smooth and shiny. This oil is also used to treat wrinkles because it helps to keep the skin’s natural moisturizer. It improves the production of collagen and elastin that gives you glowing and youthful skin.
Moreover, Castor Oil can treat dry and lifeless skin effectively. It is beneficial for those suffering from skin ailment i.e. Atopic Dermatitis. Atopic Dermatitis also is known as Atopic Eczema is an itchy and red skin condition.
What are the Castor Oil Benefits for Hair?
Castor Oil is a traditional remedy for hair loss, moisturizing dry hair, regrowing hair. There are a lot of benefits of using castor oil for hair as well which are as follow:
- Promotes Hair Growth
- Treat Bacterial and Fungal infection of the Scalp
- Removes Dandruff and balance the ph level in the scalp
- Hair Regrowth and boosts hair follicle health
- Treats Split Ends and moisturize hair strands
- Convert Dry Hair into Shiny and Silky
- Darkens Hair
Thus, Castor Oil is a grandma remedy that can treat various hair problems. It can give tremendous results within a few weeks if it is used in the right way. Let us talk about the best method of using castor oil for hair.
How to Use Castor Oil for Hair Growth?
Applying Castor Oil to hair seems easy, but there are few things that can make it more effective and easier to use. Since Castor Oil is viscous therefore it is not effective to apply directly on hair. Always mix castor oil with a carrier oil like coconut oil, almond oil to make it easier to apply. Here is the remedy of castor oil that is beneficial for hair growth.
You Will Need:
- 2 Tablespoons of Castor Oil
- 2 Tablespoons of Coconut or Almond Oil
- 3-4 drops of essential oil (peppermint, rosemary or tea tree oil )
- Hot Water
- Shower Cap
- Take 2 tablespoons of castor oil and 2 tablespoons of coconut oil (or 1 tablespoon of coconut oil and 1 tablespoon of jojoba oil) into a bowl, mix them thoroughly.
- Add 3-4 drops of essential oil such as peppermint oil, rosemary oil for fresh smelling.
- Mix all the ingredients thoroughly and put the bowl in hot water to warm the oil. Make sure that water level is below the height of the bowl and no water gets inside the bowl.
- Now the castor oil is ready to use.
How to Apply Castor Oil?
Before applying castor oil wash off the hair with water or you can spray water on hair to make them dampen. Make sure that your hair should be a little damp because damp hair will help to absorb castor oil better.
- Dip your finger into the oil and massage on the scalp. Cover whole the scalp with oil, do not use too much oil.
- Massage the scalp with the fingertips in a small circular motion for 5-10 minutes.
- Now apply the oil to the rest of your hair with the help of fingers. Pour some oil onto your palm and rub the hair in between your palms.
- After applying oil on the whole part of your hair, loosely pile your hair on the top of the head and put on a shower cap on hair.
- Wrap a hot towel around the head and leave it 1-2 hours.
- After that wash off your hair with a mild shampoo.
- Use this remedy 2-3 times in a week.
Note: If the health of your hair and scalp is good then use once a week. You can use castor oil as a conditioner which will provide shiny hair.
Castor Oil Benefits: Hair Mask with Castor Oil
Here are some Hair Masks that you can prepare using castor oil. These masks will help you to get long and healthy hair. I am telling about some blend with castor oil that will provide nourishment to your hair, improve the health of your scalp and will promote your hair growth.
- Castor Oil and Coconut Oil for Hair Growth
- Castor Oil and Olive Oil
- Aloe vera Gel and Castor Oil
- Almond Oil and Castor Oil
- Onion Juice and Castor Oil
- Peppermint and Castor Oil
- Avocado Oil and Castor Oil
- Rosemary Oil and Castor Oil
- Tea Tree Oil and Castor Oil
- Vitamin E Capsule and Castor Oil
- Jojoba Oil and Castor Oil
- Castor Oil and Garlic for Hair
These are some useful blends that you can apply to solve hair problems like hair loss, promote hair growth, scalp infection, dandruff, etc. Read this article to know about these amazing blend for hair growth.
Types of Castor Oil
There are three types of castor oil based on the process of preparation. Castor Oil fulfills the various needs of hair so that it promotes hair growth. Let us discuss the types of Castor Oil and their uses.
- Organic Castor Oil
- Jamaican Black Castor Oil
- Hydrogenated Castor Oil
Organic Castor Oil:
Organic Castor Oil is the pure oil because it is extracted directly from the castor seeds using a simple mechanical process. Its color is pale yellow and full of all the nutrients present in the seed. This Castor Oil is perfect for those are suffering from scalp infection. It helps to maintain the ph of the scalp and prevents the scalp from all ailments like itching, dandruff.
Jamaican Black Castor Oil:
It is extracted from the roasted castor seeds. The difference between organic castor oil and Black Castor oil is that seeds are roasted before extraction of oil. It is black in color. This oil is a natural cleanser that helps to stimulate hair follicles and increase the rate of hair growth.
Hydrogenated Castor Oil:
This oil is made by hydrogenated organic castor oil. It is also known as caster wax and mainly used in various cosmetic products, varnishes.
Which Castor Oil is Best for Hair?
The value of nutrients for hair presents in both Organic Castor Oil and Jamaican Black Castor Oil is the same. But Jamaican Black Castor oil is considered more suitable for the hair growth. Black Castor Oil is more alkaline that can help to open cuticles. The growth of hair depends upon multiple factors such as hair health, nutrition, the health of the scalp. Jamaican Black Castor Oil has the ability to nourish your hair with nutrients and improve the health of the scalp.
You May Also Like:
- Home Remedies for Grey Hair (+7 Secret Techniques)
- Egg Mask for Hair: Benefit and How to Apply Egg on Hair?
- Banana Mask for Hair: Repair Dry and Dull Hair Naturally
Yes, It is absolutely right, Castor oil is very beneficial to stop hair fall. Castor Oil consists of ricinoleic acid that improves the blood circulation of the scalp and reduces hair fall.
Castor Oil is a natural remedy and popular due to its healing properties. Castor oil improves the condition of your hair and triggers the rate of hair growth.
Castor Oil is a very effective treatment for hair. You can use it 2-3 times in a week. Apply Castor Oil on the scalp and hair, leave it overnight. Wash it off in the morning with a mild shampoo.
You should avoid overusing of castor oil. Apply castor oil 2-3 times in a week. The best recommendation to use castor oil is that leave it overnight and wash it off in the morning with a sulfate-free shampoo. Always mix castor oil with a carrier oil to get good results.
I hope you like this article about castor oil benefits for hair. If you any question, you can ask through the comment section. Our expert will assist you and provide appropriate information. Thanks!